Champions League
Liverpool FC - AS Rom
24.04.18 - 20:45 Uhr
zum Diskussionsthread

FC Aberdeen

hier geht es um alle Vereine in Schottland, Nordirland und Wales.
Bewertungen(1): 0.00 0.00 | Zum Bewerten bitte anmelden

FC Aberdeen

Beitragvon Anfield » Dienstag 11. Mai 2010, 16:06

Aberdeen chief Willie Miller blasts talk of Pittodrie exit

May 11 2010 By Ian Orr

WILLIE MILLER last night slammed suggestions Aberdeen are set for a management clear-out this summer after a disastrous season.

Rumours swept the Granite City that Dons director of football Miller, boss Mark McGhee and his backroom team would pay the price for finishing out of the SPL's top six for the first time in six years.

The fact that Pittodrie goalkeeping coach Colin Meldrum is strongly tipped to link up with Jim Jefferies at Hearts served to fuel speculation.

However, Miller said: "I can assure you I do not intend going anywhere, that is the same for Mark.

"I am buoyant when looking to the future. Clubs need stability and I can certainly bring that.

"It is a challenge that is not for the faint-hearted but I am more than up for it.

"Everyone who knows the type of person I am will realise I don't have a faint heart. I am extremely committed to bringing a bright future to Aberdeen. It is now six years since I returned to Pittodrie and I'm as committed as ever.

"During this period I have been successful although this season has been disappointing.

"Now Mark and I are planning for next season. There will be a huge rebuilding process because we only have 12 signed players."

Aberdeen, who have extended their shirt sponsorship deal with Team Recruitment for another year, will have to wait to see if strike star Steven MacLean will be at the club next term.

The former Rangers ace spent the second half of the season on loan at Dons from Plymouth, where he has a year left on his contract, but is unsure where he will be playing next season.

MacLean said: "I haven't got a clue where I will be.

"I haven't spoken to anyone from Plymouth since I left for Aberdeen. If they don't want me at the club they are going to have to do something about it."
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE,FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE

Bild
Anfield
You'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone
"King Kenny" - Kenny Dalglish
"King Kenny" - Kenny Dalglish

Danke gegeben: 86 mal
Danke bekommen: 118 mal
Reds-Points: 16.390,50 Reds-Points
Land: ein anderes Land
meine Stimmung: Hopefull!!!